Many students find that theatre helps them develop the confidence that’s essential to speaking clearly, lucidly, and thoughtfully.
Everything from respect to being flexible can be learned through creative learning in the arts.
- Oral communication skills
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- More than “just get it done”
- Motivation and commitment
- Willingness to work cooperatively
- The ability to work independently
- Time-budgeting skills
- Promptness and respect for deadlines
- Acceptance of rules
- The ability to learn quickly, AND correctly
- Respect for colleagues
- Respect for authority
- Adaptability and flexibility
- The ability to work under pressure
- A healthy self-image
- Acceptance of disappointment and the ability to bounce back
- A goal-oriented approach to work
- A willingness to accept responsibility
- Leadership skills
- Enjoyment – This is fun!